Season 7 of Game of Thrones is set to hit our screens tonight.
The HBO series, filmed on location throughout NI, is based on George R.R. Martin’s best-selling book series “A Song of Ice and Fire”.
As fans of the show will testify, the Game of Thrones opening title sequence lasts for absolutely ages, so here’s our Top 5 things to do while you’re waiting on the action to begin:
5. Visit every GoT filming location in NI. Whilst the opening credits are running, you’ll have more than enough time to visit every set. From The Dark Hedges to Winterfell, you can hop in a car, drive up the north coast and be back with time to spare.
4. Form a power-sharing Executive. By the time it takes the GoT opening credits to roll, we should be able to hold a fresh round of talks, have a new Assembly election and appoint an Executive just in time to watch Tyrian Lannister talk his way out of a hairy situation.
3. Re-watch the entire show. Whilst the inimitable GoT theme song is playing, you should have enough time to catch up on Seasons 1-6, skipping the opening credits of course…
2. Read the books! Why not take a dander down to Waterstones and buy A Song of Ice and Fire? You’ll have plenty of time to finish them on the way home, plus you’ll be able to spoil the ending for your mates.
1. Watch the intro and grow old. Thon song would put years on ye!